Saturday 19 April 2014

Happy Easter!

Hey hey!

Happy Easter weekend everybody! Hope you're all stuffing your faces full of Easter eggs, hot cross buns and looking forward to a nice big roast leg of lamb tomorrow :)
   I for one am staying indoors this weekend, writing my little socks off be it on my blog, various short stories I'm working on, my website or indeed, The Phone Box
   Speaking of the website, it's coming on rather well and I think I've got it to where it needs to be for now. It's nothing special, but just a little virtual space to call my own - plus who doesn't want their own website, right? Right guys??

My writing's kind of taken a bit of a hit this week: work was very busy what with it being a shorter week, my Mum went and broke her foot, poor thing, so I went over to look after her one night this week and last night I was hanging with my bestie. So you see, I've had little time and my poor little Mac's been feeling very neglected so I reckoned I'd give it some love and attention over the weekend. 
   I also said I might start posting some short stories on here, which is still something I very much intend to do, just as soon as I've got the ones I'm working on for two separate competitions out of the way. I hope you'd still like to read them :)

The Curtis Brown course starts on the 1st May! That's sooooo soon! As I thought I wouldn't, I haven't looked at my novel since I finished it. Is that a bad idea? I figure there's not much point trying to spruce it up before getting proper industry advice as to how I can do just that. I'm determined to make like a sponge a soak up every bit of information I can whilst there. A once in a lifetime chance does exactly what it says on the tin: this opportunity will only come along once and I'd be a fool to let it pass me by. 

I think a future post might even contain a Q&A session about the book. Some questions I'll make up myself and others you can ask me via Twitter, on Facebook or simply email me here (if that doesn't work then just use authoremglen@gmail.com). 

That's all for now my lovely Easter bunnies! Have a fantastic rest of your weekend and please do stuff the diet and stuff your faces instead :)

EG xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment